Rebecca Minkoff is seeking someone with impeccable taste to join our Omni Merchandising team as our Buyer. This position reports into the Director of Omnichannel Merchandising.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Generate business analysis to track selling, identify key trends and maximize opportunities in the assortment to achieve growth and profitability
- Building and allocating all assortments across twelve classifications for four retail stores and Ecomm.
- Partner with director of merchandising and merchandise manager on the determination of receipt flow, assortment plans and promotional strategies to drive sales and maximize inventory performance.
- Manage and maintain assortment tools and sku counts.
- Recommend timely markdowns on goods and re-orders of best sellers.
- Markdown management via pricing decision & systemic execution.
- Manage purchase order process, maintain purchase order log, communicating out delivery dates and on-order tracking, including adjusting product flow, receipt shifts and inventory management.
- Analyze the business weekly, recapping business to cross-functional team and reporting out of key trends.
- Gain a strong understanding of the Rebecca Minkoff customer: visit store monthly, review new deliveries, and communicate learnings back to team.
- Understanding of relationship between stores and website and ability to effectively create assortments for both.
- Respond to store requests and inquiries.
- Manage the development of merchandising guidelines and product knowledge information to the stores.
- Communicate and partner with cross-functional teams including Stores, Visual, Creative, Ecomm and Operations, to ensure proper execution of merchandising strategies.
- Recommend, support, and implement process and procedural improvements into daily responsibilities.
- Strategic Thinking and Financial Acumen
- Proficient in retail math
- Knowledge of the competition and retail market
- Undergraduate degree (business or fashion related discipline a plus)
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Word, RLM
- 3-5 years of retail fashion buying experience
To apply for this role, please send your CV and cover letter in the body of your e-mail to email@example.com. Please write BUYER in the subject line of your email.